A comprehensive guide to designing and operating reliable server environments
- Keep your data center cool, clean, scalable, and secure
- Learn the five principles of effective data center design
- Avoid the natural and man-made hazards that can jeopardize a data center site
- Learn how to lay out key infrastructure objects within the data center for greatest efficiency, from buffer zones to server rows
- Apply proven installation methods by studying sample illustrations of both overhead and under-floor systems
- Extract the best practices and design strategies for both in-room and standby electrical infrastructure
- Avoid accidental downtime, improve productivity, and ensure user safety
- Safeguard and streamline your network infrastructure with a well-organized physical hierarchy
- Understand the special challenges of retrofitting overburdened server environments
- Implement solutions from a wide array of sample illustrations and examples of essential data center signage
- Safeguard servers with operations standards for people working in or visiting the data center
- Download templates used by Cisco to design its data centers, customizable to square footage and geography
- Avoid excess construction costs by designing a data center that meets your needs today and for many years to come
All data centers are unique, but they all share the same mission: to protect your company’s valuable information. Build the Best Data Center Facility for Your Business answers your individual questions in one flexible step-by-step reference guide.
Benefit from the author’s concise and practical approach to data center design and management. The author distills this complex topic by sharing his first-hand and worldwide experience and expertise. Regardless of your experience level, you can fill your knowledge gaps on how to safeguard your company’s valuable equipment and intellectual property.
This easy-to-navigate book is divided into two parts: Part I covers data center design and physical infrastructure details, and Part II covers data center management and operations. You can also access supplementary online materials for installation instructions, which include customizable data center design templates, written cabling specifications, and sample drawings.
If you need a starting point for designing your first data center, regardless of size; if you need to prepare yourself with comprehensive strategies to retrofit or improve an existing one; or if you need proven methods to manage a data center for maximum productivity—this book is your readily accessible, comprehensive resource for answers and insights.
Invest in the best future for your business by learning how to build and manage robust and productive data centers now.
This book is part of the Networking Technology Series from Cisco Press‚ which offers networking professionals valuable information for constructing efficient networks, understanding new technologies, and building successful careers.
Full Content Build the Best Data Center Facility for Your Business